FIGHTING THE COCKROACH MENACE!!
You step into the kitchen in the midnight and turn the lights on to fetch a glass of water, and boom ** you see those dark creatures running about like a race and to make it worse, they start flying. Yes, we are undoubtedly addressing the most common problems of household, the infestation with cockroaches. Yes, of course, we all know that they are not supposed to be a part of our houses! But it turns out that most of us just let them become part of our families. Now, it’s very important that we eradicate cockroaches at their very early stages of existence, as they breed pretty fast and in no time take the whole house under their control. And moreover, they are the only organisms on this planet who could survive a nuclear explosion. Such is their power.
Let us take a look at the threats they pose in our day to day lives.
Cockroaches are known to carry salmonella, a parasite, on their hairy legs. They can easily affect food, leather, soap and even strands of fallen hair. They walk on filth and transfer the same to the food. They could cause numerous health hazards like food poisoning, allergy etc.
INOCULATION OF DISEASE CAUSING BACTERIA:
While feeding cockroaches regurgitate their own saliva and digestive fluids from their mouth to inoculate your food with germs or bacteria residing in their gut. A study found that the bacterium Pseudomonas aeruginous can multiply extensively in the gut of cockroaches. It can cause several diseases like urinary tract infections, digestive problems, and sepsis.
It’s a rare phenomenon, but yes, certain species of cockroaches are found to bite human beings. They would slyly nibble and bustle in your toes and fingernails, which could be scary as well as create a contaminated area.
ASSAULT OF BODY PARTS
There have been numerous cases where cockroaches enter the ears and nose of the person while the person is asleep. Although these occur in heavily affected areas, it’s likely to be true.
Cockroaches can be the worst enemies of asthmatic people. The incidence of asthma attack may increase if your house is infested with cockroaches. Cockroach allergens can cause severe complications and can even be life-threatening. And people who are not asthmatic may develop cockroach asthma by inhaling cockroach allergens.
FEW STEPS TO PREVENT COCKROACHES
- Keep your house clean if you don’t want to see that ugly creature. Weekly cleaning of the entire house will help you to understand the status of cockroach infestation.
- Ensure that area like the sink and the food preparation area are cleaned before you go to sleep.
- Empty the dustbins in your kitchen regularly and always keep it covered. A pile of garbage is an open invitation to cockroaches.
- Don’t leave your food open at nights to prevent contamination. Preferably, store all food stuff in sealed containers. Clean your refrigerator regularly, at least once in a week.
- Never keep old newspapers, books, and magazines stacked openly.
- Keep cockroach sprays handy so that you can kill them instantly when you see them. You can also use cockroach baits and other products in the market to get rid of hidden cockroaches in your home. Sprinkle some boric acid near cracks and crevices.
- Block all entrances from where you think cockroaches are gaining entry into your home. Seal tiny cracks and holes present in the walls to prevent cockroaches from making a permanent home over there.
- Pest control for heavy infestation is a must. Good sanitation should be practiced after pest control to prevent further infestation.
We at DelmanExperts, with our specialized gel and chemical spray treatment, will ensure the complete removal of cockroaches from your houses. Our quality will definitely speak for itself.